Saturday 10 September 2011

a field student of encircling






As ‘a field student of encircling’ I performed a whirling dance atop a tree stump in Aveling Park, intoning “flux” to the moon. The invocation involved the evaporative images of a hare, dog and tortoise chasing each other’s tails in pursuit of nowhere around the base of the stump. Witness to the spectacle, were two teenagers whose attempt at a communal smoke was thwarted as their jaws dropped and their fags fell to the ground. When the images had completely spiritualised, and thus was I released from my lunacy, I mused on the health benefits of my actions. I would not be offended if you rejected the notion of the dance as a sacred rite and chose instead a judgement of tomfoolery. Elsewhere on the E17 Art Trail more serious and sincere artists visited Walthamstow’s genuine places of worship in order to explore and express meanings of place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment