Sunday 25 March 2012

No one Nobody Knows Nowhere near Colforth Rd, E11




I have assumed the qualities of a cockroach to explore the nether regions of my archive, making sure many a nook, cranny and crevice is prospected for darkish materials for a fothcoming show at the Waltham Forest Arts Club, Turnaround exhibition at Wood St Indoor Market. With a small but very bright torch I have survived avalanches of rampant acid artist squelch works. Cockroaches are exceptionally resilient and it was this resilience that enabled me to find these impressive landscapes on a postcard from the cut and paste collagium of A1 Waste Paper Co. aka Michael Leigh (Flobberlob). The arses were addressed to me at a street and postcode which, as far as I know, did not exist. However they still found me which is part of the magic of snail mail - something electronic mail cannot do. Just one dot out of place in an email address and the message is lost. 




I had participated in one of A1's mail art assembly projects - Squint. The process involves artists mailing loose pages which are collated into editions and each contributor receives a copy of the book in return.





The book usually contains a page with the names and addresses of the contributors. I have not taken the liberty of publishing this. The 'playful bit of No one Nobody Knows' is (of) a page I contributed - an 'acid artist squelch work' lost somewhere between Woodside Car Park and Stratford Picturehouse in 2003.




Here's a link to some earnest art analysis.


Some of this material will be in situ as part of 'Paper, Textile and Canvas' at the E17 renowned Arts Club Pop Up Gallery.




No comments:

Post a Comment